Tuesday 9 November 2010

The Gift of Thanks

So... Volunteering went well. In the sense that none of them listened to a word I said and one of them threw a dart which got embedded in my arm. Still, at least the dart was hand-made.

I feel like such a wuss, Amy asked them to leave which was a blessing, but I actually cried, as if that was going to help in a group of feral young people. As if that wasn't enough, when Amy said he was furthermore banned, the girls who were left protested that they shouldn't ban him because "He's really funny". I cannot portray the anger this makes me feel. To be honest, I cried because I felt, if this is the thanks people get for helping young people nowadays, what is the point? The expression biting the hand's that feed come to mind, but half of them starve themselves to be skinny anyway. Even apathy is dead.


Any way. Enough about that. Crafty stuff :D.

I've finished most of the cross stitch sets I bought for incredibly cheap at the charity shop. One was given to Ambi as her "new home" Card which I gave her along with a pair of oven mittens (They are literally mittens). She said she would frame the card which was very sweet of her. I also finished Jake's cushion. I followed a pattern in one of the library books I have out, but used three strands of (4-ply I think, they were from the scrap bag) Crocheted together on a 6mm hook. He loves it. I used some old blue fabric remnants from a gown I made a couple of years ago and a cushion pad that was laying around with a much less interesting cushion cover on it. No opening though, I hand stitched it all together and didn't have a zip handy (Don't you hate it when you are short one thing to finish a project- I always end up leaving it for ages after that and rarely finish them- which is why I am so determined to break the cycle). It'll be a pain in the arse to wash, but that is tomorrows problems.

Just one more cross stitch (The mother one is already on its way to mum, maybe now she will call me for once), its a violet I think, but I'm not very good with flowers. I need to get some more Aida and threads to do Christmas cards as I am determined to go with the "I am a fantastic housekeeper" thing this year. I'm even thinking about decorating the flat *Pause for reaction* Nothing? Really? Fine. :(

Anyway, I think that's enough for today. Have a pink lacy shawl, cross stitch, headband, blood test and tetanus shot to get through today. Busy. Busy. Busy.

Typhoo

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment