Wednesday 10 November 2010

Christmas Lustiness

Walking into the library today I spotted a book that got me more excited than a bitch in heat at crufts. Christmas in Crochet(TM) Edited by Connie Ellison.

My boyfriend is more than a little concerned. What can I say? Santa gets me hot. But seriously, no. I'm just a little flushed at the idea of making lots of cute little gifts for all my loved ones this Christmas. That's all, for some, the idea of Christmas brings dread, fear and even the horrific humbuggishness. I personally love Christmas. I have even grown into the stage of my life where I don't care what I get given, only that I have done my best to make the Christmas of my loved ones as lovely as I possibly can (feel free to throw up at this point). Oh, it's also important that by two o clock in the afternoon I have eaten so much delicious food that I don't want to move again until New Years.

But enough about my secret love. I am more concerned now about Jake's birthday party. Which is completely planned and totally organised. In my head. In real life, I have just handed out the plainest birthday invitations ever, so that they wouldn't be less than a week in advance, I have a shopping list, and that's it. The batman balaclava is going badly. Mostly because I didn't realise I was supposed to use circular needles. Also slowly, but that's because I am an incredibly slow knitter. At least I can get the Stylecraft Raffia in the right colour on eBay... But that's nothing to do with Jake's birthday unfortunately.

Jake's birthday will sort itself out, I have a lovely play to go to today, with Ambi, and we are going for lunch first, then I get to go to Bideford and spend money on laundry and wool :D Yay!

Every cloud and all that...

No comments:

Post a Comment