Tuesday 15 February 2011

Ok, well we only got back online at home this week so I have not blogged in an attempt to get my mind right and only post truly meaningful and amazingly intelligent things... But I couldn't think of any so here we are.

Ah yes! Valentines day... a day single people (and slightly over defensive couples) seem to loathe. The question on my mind is thus. If you truly hate Valentines day and everything it stands for, IGNORE IT. Think of it as the chldhood bully, pay no attention to it's greedy (and slightly insecure) demands for your attention and it will go away, except in this situation it actually will go away. Unlike the childhood bully. Who probably kicked your head in when you ignored them.

Y'know, with the whole passage of time thing, night will fall, a new day will come and you won't have to worry about it for at least another 364 days. Which brings me to the slightly over defensive couples. First of all, there are the one's who want to convince you that every day of the year, they treat their partner to more love, gifts and neighbour deafness inducing sex than you do in a month, and that Valentine's day is pointless, as if you really cared about your partner, you would buy them chocolates and jewellery every day... I'm sorry but I personally believe, that as a mum, girlfriend, friend and general human being with a life, I'm not going to dedicate every single fucking moment to making my boyfriend happy. I can try my best to never spend a moment making him miserable, but actually, no, I don't think having a special day to honour the person you care about is a bad thing. No more than I think Christmas is a bad thing (which I don't despite not being particularly religious).

(Feeling actually quite happy about things)

Typhoo

No comments:

Post a Comment